Jon A. Schmaltz
t. (219) 769-1313 x202
f. (219) 769-6806
156 S. Washington Street
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Jon A. Schmaltz is the Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Business and Personal Services Practice Group. His practice involves representing clients in business and real estate acquisitions, land use and zoning matters, banking and loan transactions, and private equity and debt placements. He represents developers of commercial and industrial properties and commercial lenders, and counsels clients in numerous industries, including hotels and heavy manufacturing.
Mr. Schmaltz received his bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science from Purdue University in 1996 and earning his law degree from Indiana University McKinney School of Law in 1999.
Mr. Schmaltz has spoken in numerous seminars on topics including real estate conveyances, real estate boundary issues, land use, and choice of business entity.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member, Business Law and Real Property, Probate, and Trust Sections
- Indiana State Bar Association – Member, Probate Trust & Real Property Section and Business Law Sections
- Lake County Bar Association – Co-Chair, Business Law Section
- Porter County Bar Association
- Director and Immediate Past President; Valparaiso Parks and Recreation Foundation, Inc.
- Director (former), Purdue Alumni Association
- Director, (former) Purdue Club of Northwest Indiana
- Director and Chairman (former), Greater Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce
Indiana University – Indianapolis School of Law, 1999
Purdue University, 1996
B.S. Actuarial Science
- Indiana Bar
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana