FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dec. 10, 2018
Twenty-five lawyers selected for the Leadership Development Academy
INDIANAPOLIS (Dec. 10, 2018) – The Indiana State Bar Association today announced the 25 attorneys who will compose its Leadership Development Academy Class of 2019.
The LDA, now in its eighth year, is a statewide leadership program established to empower and develop lawyers to be informed, committed and involved so that they may fill significant leadership roles in local and state bar associations, local communities and organizations and to serve as role models in matters of ethics and professionalism.
The lawyers represent all corners of the Hoosier state, and all are accomplished legal practitioners who have been admitted to practice for less than 15 years.
The 25 members will participate in five sessions featuring professional facilitators and prominent speakers from various disciplines to inform participants about leadership principles and techniques, the importance of effective leaders in organizations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, and the challenges and rewards of leadership in action. The first session is Jan. 10-12 at Fort Harrison State Park in Indianapolis.
The members of the Leadership Development Academy Class of 2019 are:
- Steven A. Baldwin, Indianapolis, Plews Shadley Racher & Braun
- Laura C. Bonadies, Indianapolis, SmithAmundsen
- Melissa C. Cunnyngham, Tipton, Church Church Hittle + Antrim
- Marie L. Forney, Indianapolis, Indiana Supreme Court
- Joshua C. Friend, Fort Wayne, Haller & Colvin
- Schuyler D. Geller, Merrillville, Burke Costanza & Carberry
- Kian J. Hudson, Indianapolis, Indiana Attorney General’s Office
- Aaron Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission
- Tyler L. Jones, Lafayette, Stuart + Branigin
- Allyson K. Kage, Indianapolis, Taylor DeVore
- Adam M. Law, Indianapolis, Taft Stettinius & Hollister
- Zachary M. Lightner, Fort Wayne, Burt, Blee, Dixon Sutton & Bloom
- Alexander P. Orlowski, Indianapolis, Barnes & Thornburg
- Renee M. Ortega, Crown Point, Hammond Legal Aid
- Mitchell L.C. Osterday, Indianapolis, Indiana Supreme Court
- Jessica L. Richert, Richmond Dudas Law
- Anna C. Rutigliano, Indianapolis, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Joel A. Schneider, Indianapolis, Marion County Public Defender Agency
- Brandon W. Shirley, Indianapolis, Krieg DeVault
- Stephanie N. Snyder-Slone, Indianapolis, Lewis Kappes
- Emily A. Storm-Smith, Indianapolis, Ice Miller
- Janette E. Surrisi, Plymouth, Wyland, Humphrey & Clevenger LLP
- Patrick C. Thomas, Evansville, Kahn Dees Donovan & Kahn
- Patrick W. Thomas, South Bend, University of Notre Dame
- Beau F. Zoeller, Louisville, Frost Brown Todd
About the Indiana State Bar Association:
Founded in 1896, the Indiana State Bar Association is the single largest legal organization in the state. The ISBA serves and advocates on behalf of its members, their clients and the public interest as the independent voice of the legal profession. The ISBA’s office is located in downtown Indianapolis. For more information about the Indiana State Bar Association, visit www.inbar.org.
Communications Manager, Indiana State Bar Association